Wednesday 13 August 2014

About Us..... Update 2

As Sinead mentioned in the earlier post, the babies have indeed arrived! The birth of baby Cillian was a joyous occasion and a moment of clarity for my own impending motherhood, the reality of sitting in the labour ward hit me like a slap in the face.
The following weeks were filled with rigorous stock piling of baby supplies that would put any doomsday prepper to shame, assembling flat pack furniture and general running around like a headless chicken!
The due date finally rolled around, we were on red alert. Going to bed that night, a million different thoughts whirred through my mind as I drifted off to sleep, then...........
Nothing.....
Nothing happened that day, or the next day, or the day after that. Eleven days passed by. Then I was brought into hospital to be induced. After all that waiting our little baby arrived very quickly via emergency C-section.
Baby Daniel is now four months old, everyone warned me how quickly these first few months would fly by and they were right. It is an amazing feeling becoming a parent and the completion and wholeness it brings to your inner self.
As parents having to juggle life, work, relationship’s on top of raising a child, though sometimes it is overwhelming, it brings a sense of empowerment and appreciation for all the good in your life.
Now that your all up to date with us, I'm afraid its back to nappy patrol for me!
Duty calls.......

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment