Tuesday 5 August 2014

The 'F' Word!!!

Yes I'm going to talk about the 'F' word...FASHION!! Yes I no, but I'm a mum, what would I know about fashion. Once your a mum don't you start wearing baggy pants and over sized jumpers that smell of baby sick? Well that might be the misconception but I would just like to say that I for one still like nice clothes and feeling good about what I wear. Ya ok when your a mother your disposable income is reduced severely and buying clothes and accessories is at the bottom of a very long list of nappies, baby food, kids clothes, school books and summer camps but it doesn't mean you cant treat your self every once in a while.

There are so many affordable shops now such as Pennys, Dunnes, Tesco and H&M but to name a few. All of which stock fashionable affordable clothing.  I think the secret to smart shopping as a mother or anyone for that matter is to first buy staple pieces. A good pair of jeans, a nice blazer a neutral pair of killer heels a little black dress, all theses things will go with so many pieces you all ready have in your wardrobe and you will be able to use them season after season, year after year.
Many people think oh well now that I'm a mum I have to dress a certain way. Yes your a mother but your also an individual person with your own fashion sense and your own style.

I think that if your going out at the weekend whether its to a party, wedding or just a few drinks with friends, you shouldn't be afraid of fashion. Don't be the one sitting in the corner saying 'oh that's lovely, I wish I could wear that' instead be the one that's wearing it. I think when looking at clothes the most important things are to know your body and what suits it and to trust your own instincts and style. Not everybody has the same opinions in life and the same goes for fashion, so just do you and don't worry about other people reactions and opinions.

Realistically during the week both stay at home and working mothers most likely don't have the time to be getting all glammed up before work or the school run. But I think that even taking 5minutes out to put in a bit of extra effort, whether it's slicking on a bit of mascara, popping on a bit of tinted moisturiser or ironing out the creases on that cliche oversized jumper, it will give you more confidence and make you feel better about yourself. It may seem vain to some people but as the old saying goes 'A happy mother means a happy baby' and probably a happy husband too. :)

'Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak'
                                                                                  Rachel Zoe
 
Sinead.x

No comments:

Post a Comment