Friday 2 September 2016

What I wore - a mini break in Galway!

A rare occurance befell my husband and I, a child free 24hrs! We decided to spend a night in Galway, it's a couple of hours drive from our farm and I always love the artsy bohemian vibe of Galway, a refreshing change for us.
We arrived in the afternoon and spent an hour or so wandering around Eyre Square and shop Street, enjoying the warmth of the atmosphere and sunshine.


I got this flattering black off the shoulder   ruffle style top and the crescent moon          choker necklace from iclothing.com. My       kahki jeans with gold zip detail are from      river Island. The brown sueddette lace up   my pumps and tan brown leather style        bag are both from Penneys.                                          

                       
 
After our afternoon city stroll, we checked into our hotel. We stayed at the Clayton hotel, a very chic and modern hotel in the Ballybrit area of Galway city, a familiar haunt to those who have attended the famous Galway races. The room was spacious and bright with a gorgeous ensuite bathroom.

For our night out I wore a very flattering red shirt dress from river island, I cannot rave about this dress enough! It has sleeves, a v-neck shirt style top with little pockets and gold detail. It comes with a black belt which nips in the waist. The dress is knee length with a flattering wrap style that skims over problems areas for most of us that have had kids; lower tummy, hips, upper thighs. I went a size up when I bought it as it was the only size left in the store when I bought it, but it fit perfectly! The same day in river Island I also bought the kahki jeans in my regular size 12, so I reckon it's a small fitting dress! As the dress is such a statement piece, I paired it with simple point toe black heels with an ankle strap and a black leather clutch style bag (pictured on table) with triangle studded detail.
                     

The Latin quarter was our first stop of the evening, where we dined in a Spanish/Mexican style restaurant called Cactus Jack's. The evening was so balmy and mild, that it allowed us to dine outside, with the bustle of the city buskers as our background music. The food and wine was delicious and the service from our waiters was quick and very friendly.


We then hit the pubs, first the Kings Head,  then onto the Quays, where both had live music and a great mix of tourists and locals to create an lively atmosphere.


We finished up our night by going to see the John Connelly band at the Roisin Dubh. Quite a few people we had encountered earlier in the evening had recommended going to see this 9 piece big band and I'm pretty glad we listened to their advice! The venue was packed with an eclectic mix of people which added to Connelly's raw vocals and artistry of the musicians who joined him on stage.

We had a really great night, we had to get back to the farm and our kids early the next day. It was a pretty long Monday, but C'est la vie!

Katie 😉🍻

No comments:

Post a Comment